Check out the best flip phones for seniors 2021
Recommended: Best Verizon flip phones for seniors 2021
Recommended: Best AT&T cell phones for seniors 2021
Best Flip Phones for Seniors 2021
Jitterbug Flip - Best flip Phone for Seniors 2021The Jitterbug Flip is an easy-to-use cell phone that includes almost all the recommended features for a cell phone for senior citizens such as a big screen; high contrast, colored screen (3.4 inches), displays large, easy-to-read characters.
- Big buttons: back-lit keypad with big, easy to press buttons.
- Easy menu navigation: all you have to do is answering questions with the Yes or No buttons.
- Enhanced sound system: Powerful, loudspeaker and hearing aid compatible with M4/T4 Rating.
- 5-star alert button: call for help anytime (with any safety and health plan from GreatCall).
- Long lasting battery: Lithium-ion battery, comes with 1,780 mAh capacity.
- Other features: voice dial capability, an external display for notifications, a built-in 2-megapixel camera with flash, built-in LED flashlight, GPS, Bluetooth, and built-in 1GB memory.
The Jitterbug Flip supports CDMA SIM card and comes in two colors red and graphite by GreatCall for $100. GreatCall offers a well-designed cell phone plans for seniors make the Jitterbug Flip one of the best cell phones for seniors.
Doro 7050 - Best Cell Phone for Seniors 2021The Doro 7050 is a flip cell phone for seniors offered by consumer cellular, which provides optimized phone plans for senior citizens.
Here're the Doro 7050 key features
- High contrast, color display with large characters and numbers.
- Big, well-spaced keypad buttons with big numbers.
- Powerful, loudspeaker.
- Compatible with hearing aid devices.
- Long lasting battery up to 6 hours of talk time.
- Safety features: programmable emergency call button for help and Speed dial shortcut buttons.
- Other features: external display, basic built-in camera, flashlight, FM Radio, Supports external Micro SD card.
The Doro 7050 supports GSM SIM card and considered one of the best cell phones for seniors; you can get it for only $50 with any prepaid plan from Consumer Cellular which is the major company offers the AARP cell phones for seniors.
- More: Check out the new Flip phones 2021 Doro 7050 review.
Emporia CONNECT - Flip Phones for seniors
Let’s preview this mobile phone features
- 2.8-inch colorful display with big icons.
- External display for caller ID, time, and other notifications.
- Easy to navigate the menus.
- Call for Care button with A-GPS.
- Built-in 2 megapixel camera.
- Up to 2 GB micro SD card.
- An easy-to-use navigation system.
- Games and memory functions training.
- Supports GSM SIM card.
Snapfon ezTWO3G - Big Button PhonesSnapfon ezTWO3G is a big button cell phone for seniors created by Snapfon. The phone has all the essential features a senior cell phone should have starting from the big buttons to the SOS emergency alert button.
Let’s preview the phone features
- Big, easy to press buttons.
- Easy to read, colorful screen.
- Enhanced volume system.
- Compatible with hearing aid devices M3/T3.
- Long lifetime battery.
- SOS Button to call for help anytime (through the SOS Plus mobile monitoring service from Snapfon for $15 a month with any plan).
- Other features: basic camera, Bluetooth, LED flashlight, four-alarm modes, speaking keypad, and speed dial buttons.
Snapfon also offers no-contract cell phone plans for seniors including only talk and texts plans, which starts from $10 a month to the unlimited talk and text messages plan for $30 per month. The phone supports the GSM SIM card. You can get the Snapfon ezTWO3G for free with any affordable cell phone plan from snapfon and also get free ezProtection, which allows you to replace the phone in case of damage; the second option is to buy it for $80 only.
Just5 CP10S - Best senior phone 2021Just5 CP10S is a phone that deserves to be on the best cell phones for seniors list because it combines ease of use and safety features. This phone has a simple design and colorful keypad with big buttons and numbers. It has a bright screen; it is not a big screen (1.77 inches), but it displays large icons and fonts. One of the most important options for seniors in this handset is the Super button feature, which allows the senior to call or send messages to up to five pre-defined contacts at the emergency.
Here're the Just5 CP10S key features
- Colorful keypad with big buttons and numbers.
- A clear screen displays large icons and fonts.
- Loud, clear speaker.
- Super button to call for help.
- Long lifetime battery up to 8.5 hours of talk time.
- Other features: FM Radio with built-in antenna, Flashlight.
- The Just5 CP10S supports the GSM SIM card.
MAXCOM Comfort MM715 SOS - Senior Cell Phones 2021The MAXCOM Comfort MM715 SOS is a GSM mobile phone that has so many advantages makes it deserve a place among the best cell phones for seniors. But the most important feature this phone has over all the senior cell phones reviewed here is the waterproof SOS wristband which establishes an automatic connection to a pre-defined number in speakerphone mode to call for help even if the phone isn’t near you. The SOS wristband Range from about 20 meters up to 100 meters.
MAXCOM Comfort MM715 SOS Key Features
- Bright, color 1.8-inch display.
- Loud speakerphone.
- Long-lasting Battery allows up to 7 hours of talk time.
- Built-in VGA camera.
- Supports up to 4 GB external MicroSD card.
- Speed dial feature.
- SOS emergency button.
- Waterproof SOS wristband.
- Supports GSM SIM card.
- Other features: clock function, FM Radio, flashlight, adjustable font size, GPS, voice recording, audio and video player.
Kisa Phone - Simple Cell Phones for Elderly
Kisa phone is a simple cell phone for seniors and disabled. The cell phone comes without display; it only has up to ten programmable buttons, which labeled by names and pictures for easy recognition at the time of purchase. Also, you can print names in Braille makes it the best cell phone for the blind.
With Kisa phone; you press one button; you call one person without the need to navigate through any complicated menus. There are two features in the back of the phone, the SOS button to call for help at the emergency and the ability to print emergency or medical information about the user. The Kisa phone supports GSM/WCDMA 2G/3G 850/900/1800/1900/2100 frequencies.
When you search for a cell phone for seniors, you'll find phones from brands like Doro, which offers flip and smartphone devices and GreatCall, which offers the Jittebug phones. Some of these phones built by other companies like Samsung, and Alcatel. So, if you still confusing you can look at the below summary table.
Best cell phones for seniors: summary
|Jitterbug Flip||Seniors who want a senior-friendly flip phone|
|Doro 7050||Seniors who want an easy-to-use flip phone and AARP members|
|Snapfon ezTWO3G||Seniors who want a big buttons cell phone|
|Kisa Phone||Seniors who want a simple phone without menus|
Best Smartphones for Seniors 2021The lookout for the best smartphones for seniors may represent a challenge. Since most of the available smartphones are difficult to use by older people. The simplified smartphones are not only allowing seniors to connect with their family and friends but, they can be personal safety devices with the aid of some apps and services. So, you should consider a designed smartphone with seniors in mind. Let’s review some of the best smartphones for seniors 2021.
Doro 824 SmartEasy - Best smartphone for seniors 2021
Consumer Cellular offers the Doro 824 SmartEasy, which has a 5.0-inch screen and a simplified interface that allows easy access to the main features. This smartphone built for seniors and combines the power of the new Android phones and the ease of use. It has important features for the elderly like customizable volume settings and the emergency call button. These features make it one of the best smartphones for seniors. The pre-installed My Doro Manager app, which shows you how to use the phone step by step and allows remote help from trusted contacts is a great feature too. It is available from Consumer Cellular for $200 with a prepaid plan and free activation. The phone comes in two different colors blue, and black.
Doro 824 SmartEasy Features
- Android lollipop Operating System.
- 5-inch Hd touchscreen.
- 1.2GHz quad-core processor.
- 8MP rear camera, 2.0MP front camera.
- 1GB RAM.
- 4G LTE.
- 8GB internal memory storage and supports to up to 32GB via Micro-SD card.
- Emergency call button.
- Customizable volume settings.
- Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth version 4.0, FM Radio.
Jitterbug Smart 2 - Best smartphones for seniors
The Jitterbug Smart is an Android smartphone designed by Alcatel and changed with a simplified user interface for seniors by GreatCall. This smartphone comes with a 5.5-inch HD screen that displays easy-to-read fonts. The simplified home screen contains two tabs and allows quick access to the favorite Apps and the contacts. GreatCall offers cell phone plans for seniors along with safety and health packages. Services like the 5-star urgent alert app, which is available for extra monthly fees, may be useful for a big sector of senior citizens. It has a 13 MP rare-facing camera, front-facing speaker, hearing aid compatible, has voice typing capability and should be one of the best smartphones for seniors.
Jitterbug smart 2 Key Features
- 5.5-inch high-definition, color screen display large fonts.
- Built-in 13 MP rare camera, front camera.
- Hearing aid Compatible.
- Internal memory storage is expandable via MicroSD card up to 64GB
- 4G, LTE network, GPS, WIFI, and Bluetooth
- Long lifetime battery.
Recommende: Jitterbug Smart 2 Review.
Jitterbug Touch3 - Easiest smartphone to use
The Jitterbug Touch3 is an Android phone designed by Samsung and changed with a simplified user interface for seniors by GreatCall. This smartphone comes with a 4-inch screen that displays large fonts and allows you to handle the phone. You have access to the apps and contacts from a simplified home screen that contains two tabs. GreatCall pre-installed safety and medical apps, which can be active for extra monthly fees. It has a 5-megapixels rare-facing camera, hearing aid compatible and designed for seniors. So, we recommend the Jitterbug phones as one of the best smartphones for seniors available in the market.
Jitterbug Touch 3 Key Features
- Android Jelly Bean operating system.
- 4-inch bright color screen displays large fonts.
- Dual-core processor, 1GB RAM.
- Built-in 5-megapixels rare camera, VGA front facing camera.
- Compatible with the hearing aid devices.
- 4GB internal memory and supports MicroSD card up to 8GB.
- 3G network, GPS, Bluetooth Version 4.0
- Long lifetime 1,500 mAh battery.
Emporia Smart - Best smartphone for elderly 2021
The Emporia Smart is an Android phone which combines a touchscreen and keypad display cover. This is a good option for seniors who prefer to dial or text using physical buttons. If you need to use the touchscreen, you can flip the keypad display cover to the back. Also, can remove it from the phone and use the additional battery cover that delivered with the phone. This smartphone has a 4.5-inch touchscreen that displays large fonts and simplified menus. The phone comes with a stylus pen that can make it easier for some users to use the touchscreen and with the emergency call button you can call up to five pre-defined contacts at a single press.
Emporia Smart Key Features
- Android KitKat operating system.
- 4.5-inch color touchscreen.
- Dual-core processor, 1GB RAM.
- 4GB internal memory, expandable via MicroSD card.
- Built-in 8MP rear camera, 1MP front-facing camera.
- Hear aid compatibility with M4/T4 rating devices.
- Long lifetime 2,600 mAh battery.
- Bluetooth, GPS
- Emergency call button, keypad display cover, Stylus Pen.
- FM Radio, Torch.